That perfect quilt square is easily in reach if you have
just a yard or so of muslin, permanent marking pens,
crayons, fabric paints, or even silk ribbon …
and ArtDesignStudio.com pattern packs.
Can’t find that exact fabric pattern that you are craving?
Can’t find it in the exact colors that you need for your latest quilting project?
No problem … color your own!
I chose Henna Tattoos for my table runner Coloring Book Quilt. But any idea goes – wildlife, Celtic, dragons, steam punk. ArtDesignsStudio.com has over 140 pattern packs full of ideas, ready for you to download today.
1. Piece your quilt squares using muslin where you want your coloring Book design.
2. Press well so that you are tracing on a flat surface.
3. Print one copy of your chosen pattern using your computer printer.
4. Place your pattern on your light box. Trace over the outlines with a fine point permanent marking pen of black, gray, or dark brown.
5. Iron well to set the outline color.
6. Set up your coloring kit next to your favorite chair in the living room. Turn on your current ‘binge-watching’ TV program. Relax, have fun, and color away.
You can use fabric pens, permanent marking pens, crayons, acrylic paint, and of course, fabric dye. Also consider beads, silk ribbon embroidery, lace, and buttons.
Allow the large-area base coats to dry before you add the detail lines to avoid bleeding. Set the colors with a hot iron after you are done.