I called this Whittle Fish a Cheat Painting at the beginning of the project. So far we have used tape to make a straight line between colors, a soda straw to make perfect fish scales, a brush handle to make the lip curve, and now I am using a fine point permanent marking pen to make the fine detail lines around the eye, the eye lashes, and to fill in the pupil.
Permanent marking pens come in all sorts of sizes from extremely thin, as shown here, to 1/2″ wide tips. Every color under the sun is available for use in your work. You can even get metallic colors, pearlized colors, and glitter pens. So, why not use them to create even, fine, perfect lines every time.
- Wood Carving and Burning Painting Supplies
- Paint Kit Supplies
- Steps to Success
- General Techniques used in Wood Carving Painting
- Burnishing your Wood Carving
- Simple Blending with Acrylic Craft Paints
- Acrylics over a Primer
- Simple Dry Brushing
- Dry Brushed Acrylics over Oil Based Stains
- Marbling and Splatter Painting
- China Painting with Acrylics
- Vintage Painting with Acrylics
Lora S. Irish’s Santa Cookie Carving E-Book, available at Art Designs Studio, features 38 of pages step-by-step instructions over 115 photos and 8 Santa Ornament patterns Bonus e-Project Santa Cookie Painting E-Book, 17 pages and 20 photos Learn Acrylic Dry Brush Painting Technique.