FREEBIE ALERT !!!!
Just another free pattern for your chip carving by Lora Irish
Click on image for a full-sized pattern
Click on the link above for a printable set of instructions.
The link above is a Freebie Pattern Package which you can use to learn how to download, extract, and print our patterns.
- Click on the link above.
- A Window will pop up titled: Opening Irish-Free-2015-Pattern-Pack.zip.
In that window select “Save File”, not “Open With”. In the bottom right hand area of the Window select “Save”.
- A new Window will pop up that has the directory to your computer. That window will want to save the file in “Your Downloads”. You can select another area in your computer to save the file. In the left nav area of the window, scroll up and click on “My Desktop”. Chose where In the bottom right of the window select “Save”.
- Minimize your browser by clicking the line button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This will drop the browser window down so that you can check your Desktop to see if the zip file is there. Sometimes the icon for a zip file or downloaded PDF file does not show up on your Desktop even though your computer downloaded the file. If you don’t see your zip file move your cursor into any empty space on your Desktop and right-hand click. This will open a small menu Window. From that menu select “Refresh”. This will reload your Desktop view and your icon should appear. If you still don’t see your zip icon then go check “My Downloads” as it may be there.
- Place your cursor on the zip icon and right-hand click. A Window will pop up, select “Extract All”.
- A new Window will pop up which allows you to decide where to extract the file, I usually chose to extract it as the file tells me in the location portion of this window. Select “Extract”.
- After the package is extracted you should have a new Window that shows the opened file folder. You can click on that folder, open the file and begin printing your patterns. You should also have two files on your Desktop now, one is the original zip file, and the other the extracted, open folder. Save the zip file to “My Downloads” or “My Documents”, you can open this file over and over again. Save the opened folder to whatever folder system you use for your craft projects and patterns.
- Note – If you double left-hand click on an un-extracted zip file you will see a folder window and you can see the patterns inside that folder. But since the file has not been extracted you can not print. So, if you can’t print you probably have not extracted the zip.
- Email me, Contact Us in the top nav bar, and I will help you through the process!